We had an earthquake in Taxes this week. Earthquakes occur almost every day in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Portland. Most are not large enough to cause damage, but sooner or later a one will hit. The resulting damage, loss of life, and the impact on our economy could be devastating. Many businesses and homeowners may not even give earthquake insurance much thought, but if you are in the process of business planning or working through your renewal, earthquake insurance may be wise to consider.
Why you need earthquake insurance
- Your business and home insurance policy does not cover damage caused by earthquakes. You must either purchase an earthquake coverage endorsement or purchase a separate policy for earthquake insurance.
- You can’t count on the federal government to help. FEMA
What earthquake insurance can insure
- Buildings & Homes
- Business personal property
- Loss of Business Income
- Earthquake Sprinkler Leakage
- Betterment or Repairs required by local ordinance or law
We recommend every business and home owner complete a short risk assessment that can include the following questions:
- Do you operate in a high risk area?
- What would your potential loss be?
- Do you have resources to repair or re-build if there is damage?
- Can you minimize the loss through building retrofits or additional construction?
- What is the cost of insurance?
MRD Insurance Services is Your Key to Security
Your insurance isn’t something you think about until you need it, but it’s very important to get high-quality coverage for the things that mean most to you. Having an agent you can trust will give you peace of mind and makes the whole process more enjoyable. To partner with us, stop by one of our offices or call (888) 821-5149 to speak with an agent. We’ve been helping Texas residents for over a decade, and we’re ready to listen to you today.