Here is a revolutionary idea; when you buy insurance, you are buying service and advice from the agent. Insurance is not a commodity, it is a service. Yes, you get an insurance policy; however, not all policies are created equal. We believe that the best way to buy insurance is to select a qualified and experienced agent. Allow the agent to understand your needs and then design a policy that works best for you.
We would like to offer a different way of looking at the insurance buying process. We believe that by following our suggestions you will make better, more informed choices.
Know the Difference between Independent Agents and Other Agents
Insurance agents are not alike. Some agents only represent one insurer, while independent agents represent many different insurers. It is in your best interest to have an agent who represents many insurers and who is willing to take the time to get to know you. Independent agents can then market your risk with many different insurers to find you the best possible coverage. You want a relationship, not a policy.
Use an Experienced Agent
Your agent should have many years’ experience in the industry. They should have a staff that has the knowledge and experience to handle your individual concerns and questions. Your agent should be able to offer alternatives and services that others cannot.
Ask The Agent Questions Regarding Services Offered. Here Are Few Ideas:
- “If I had a claim, how would you help me?”
- “How many years of experience do you have? And your staff?”
- “When I call the agency with a question, who would I be speaking with?”
- “May I have three references?”
- “What systems do you have to help manage your business?”
- “How do you define customer service?”
- “What is your policy for returning phone calls?”
- “How long do you usually keep a client?”
- “What makes you skilled at what you do?”
- “Do you have any industry awards?”
- “Will I have to ask for my renewal to be processed?”
Are you searching for top-notch coverage from an experienced agent? For all your insurance needs, look no further than McKinley & DiMarco Insurance Services, , an Austin-based independent agency started in 2001. We’re here to help you get a great plan at a price that’s right for you. We offer a wealth of options for both personal and business insurance. Whether you need to buy better coverage for your business or to get coverage for your new home, we’ll review your needs and obtain quotes from several carriers.