Every business owns business property, and you may also own the building in which you run your operations. Property insurance protects the physical assets your nonprofit owns – such as computers, office equipment, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property.
Every business should have a property insurance coverage to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership. Property policies offer many unique coverages, some of which we have highlighted:
- Building Coverage – allows you to quickly rebuild or repair buildings or other property damaged by fire, theft, natural disaster or other events, allowing you to return to normal operations.
- Business Personal Property Coverage – covers costs to replace the contents in your building if they are stolen or destroyed by a covered, unforeseen event.
- Business Income Coverage – provides for continued income or lost revenues while the building and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income helps you to cover operating and ordinary payroll expenses needed to keep an organization operating after a loss, usually for a specific time.
- Fine Arts Coverage – includes loss or damage to artwork or sculptures housed in your building.
- Building Ordinance Coverage – covers the increased cost to comply with building codes, ordinances or laws that have changed after your building was originally constructed. For example, under new building codes, your structure may be required to have a sprinkler system, which will increase construction costs.
- Outdoor Signs and Property Coverage – covers costs to replace outdoor fences, signs, trees, shrubs, or plants.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage – includes loss due to failure or breakdown of equipment such as boilers, heating systems and electrical machinery.
- Computer Coverage – covers costs to replace or repair damaged hardware, software, data or media vital to your operations.
- Back-up of Sewer – covers costs to repair or replace items damaged by back-up or overflow of a sewer or drain.
McKinley & DiMarco Insurance Services knows the risks involved with owning a business, and we take commercial coverage as seriously as anything else we offer. We strongly emphasize customer education and we want you to know exactly what you’re getting for your money. Building customer relationships is our priority; we’d like you to be part of the McKinley & DiMarco Insurance Services family. Stop by our office today or get a free quote to partner with a Texas leader.